The Saiyid S.H. & Jafri B. Rizvi Memorial Scholarship
Act now and submit your application today by clicking here.
The scholarship program was founded in memory of Dr. Saiyid S. H. & Jafri B. Rizvi, were among the first to establish Azadari in the United States. They have consistently supported this noble institution over the years. Their contribution towards the proliferation of Azadari can only be rewarded by the Lady of Light, the Prophet’s daughter, Bibi Fatema (a.s.).
This year, the scholarship program has been expanded and will be selecting three winners:
First Place Award: $1,500.
Second Place Award: $1,000.
Third Place Award: $500.
Applications will be available on the UMAA web site www.umaamerica.com
The deadline for applications is May 13, 2016
Applicants should carefully read the information and instructions below. Please pay particular attention to all document requirements and the deadline for the submission of your application. We encourage you to use the check sheet on the last page to make sure you have provided the correct information.
To be eligible, an applicant MUST:
o Applicants should be either:
– a high school senior planning to attend a four (4) year accredited college or university in the U.S. as a full-time student.
– attending a four (4) year accredited college or university in the U.S. as a full-time student.
– planning or attending an accredited graduate/professional school after college.
o Have an unweighted Grade Point Average of 3.5.
Scholarships are intended to recognize outstanding student achievement and potential. During the judging process, the following criteria will be considered:
- Leadership Qualities, Accomplishments and Potential as demonstrated by participation in extracurricular and community volunteering activities supported by letters of recommendation.
- Academic Achievement as reflected in courses of study, Grade Point Average, class standing and standardized test scores.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- Awards are made on an individual basis and are non-transferable from one individual to another.
- Applicants should fill out application here and submit additional files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be submitted by May 13, 2016
- Winners will be notified by phone on or about May 20, 2016.
- Winners should plan on being present at the award ceremony.
- Each applicant MUST submit a completed Scholarship Application form, including all supporting documents listed below:
- Copy of CV with Grade Point Average
- Two letters of recommendation regarding the student’s academic, extracurricular,
and community activities.
- The Scholarship Application.